Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Neutrals - The Building Block of Your Wardrobe

Last week, I shared with you how to combine colors between your neutrals, your best basic colors, and your accent colors.

You may wonder what colors are your NEUTRALS? Did you? -

  • You have a COLD undertones as your coloring, these colors are: Black, Gray, Brown (with a blue undertone), White, Navy, Taupe, Burgundy, Forest, Cherry Red.
  • You have a WARM undertones as your coloring, your colors are: Grey (with yellow undertone), Brown, Rust, Cream, Camel, Teal, Olive, and Tomato Red.

Why are NEUTRALS the Building Block of Your Wardrobe? They are the most versatile colors and provide maximum fashion mileage because they can be work repeatedly without being remembered. They are also the easiest coordinate. NEUTRALS can be warm or cool. Use the ones with the same undertones, as you own coloring. - Select top-quality basic pieces like jackets, skirts, trousers, and fine blouses in your NEUTRALS. They will provide the building blocks for a versatile wardrobe.

How do you combine NEUTRALS? Dressing in head-to-toe NEUTRALS can be a sophisticated, elegant look if you avoid monotony by using two of the following:

  • Contrast in light and dark values
  • Interesting texture (tweed, mohair, brocade, etc.)
  • Interesting print, or fabric design
  • Unusual or dramatic design lines.

I hope your wardrobe-puzzle is getting into shape. Do not hesitate to contact me for any question you may have or give your comment and tell me about your tricks.

Next week, the subject will be about white. There is white and.................. there is white. Until then, share this message with your friend and thanks for your interest and companionship.

4 comments:

  1. Comment je peux savoir si je suis cold or warm undertone. Le plus je lis le plus je me rends compte que j'ai beaucoup a apprendre, mes couleurs, mon style. Je dois prendre plus de temps a me regarder dans le miroire et prendre soin de moi( les cheveux, maquillage....) Aussi je ne me vois pas comme les autres me voient, ma maman et ma soeur aiment certains habits sur moi et moi j'aime pas trop et quand j'aime bien quelque chose elles me disent nay....Il faudrait que je puisse sortir de mon corps et me voie de l'exterieur.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, - to allow all my readers to know what we are talking about, I will answer to your questions in English. I hope it is OK. ....... How do you know if your best colors are warm or cold? - Do you have one garment you know that everytime you wear it someone will say:'Your look nice today'? Which color is that garment?. Did you notice, there are some colors make you look sick, enhancing black circle around your eyes and making you skin look bad? What colors are they? In contrary, which colors make your eyes come out and look like rubies? - Sometimes, you can make a test with a silver piece of fabric or a gold piece and see how you face light up. The best way to find out about YOUR BEST COLORS is still to invest in a Color Consultation. I hope these hints help :-). Let me know what you discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Evelyne,
    Well I will pay more attention, when people said I look good, I did thought it could be related to the clothes I was wearing, but that make sense. And I think, I'm more of a warm color. I color my hair in a coffee roasted color, dark orange kind of color, and a few people like it and said that it make my eyes color (hazel) come out stronger. Maybe brown and green are good color, but I kind tend to buy black or red..... And no, I never pay attention to what I might wear can make me look sick...I will to ask my sister Nelli to help me, she has a pretty good eyes and will tell me the true....
    Do you do Color consultation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Evelyne,
    Well I will pay more attention, when people said I look good, I did thought it could be related to the clothes I was wearing, but that make sense. And I think, I'm more of a warm color. I color my hair in a coffee roasted color, dark orange kind of color, and a few people like it and said that it make my eyes color (hazel) come out stronger. Maybe brown and green are good color, but I kind tend to buy black or red..... And no, I never pay attention to what I might wear can make me look sick...I will to ask my sister Nelli to help me, she has a pretty good eyes and will tell me the true....
    Do you do Color consultation?

    ReplyDelete