Friday, November 20, 2009

Have a healthy holiday with the Chilled Holiday Nog recipe from Rose Cole

I need to tell you about my experience. I have been on a non-gluten diet for two weeks now. Rose is the one that has inspired me. I have been following her website and her facebook page or a while. Because of her own health issues, Rose started to create recipes. I was already convinced about dairy-free, soy-free and sugar-free recipes. What made the difference for me was.......... the gluten-free. I almost lost 5 pounds in two weeks. Plus, my hair are not greasy on the morning anymore and my skin has changed. Her texture is softer and the tone is clearer. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... Don't fool yourself thou, sugar-free doesn't mean it is not sweet. Is this not the sweetest news of the day? Here is the recipe. If you like it. I give you the link at the end of this message so you can go get her e-book, eat delicious recipes, loose weight during this holidays and fit into your little black dress for the new year. (No, the dress does not have to be black, of course). Chilled Holiday Nog - (Raw) This creamy, sweet festive drink is pure holiday comfort. Your family won’t believe it’s dairy-free and actually good for you! Ingredients • 2 cups Almond Cream*, unsweetened • ½ cup date paste (dates blended with a little water) • 2 Tbsp grade B maple syrup • 2 frozen bananas • 2 tsp flax seed oil (*optional) • 2 tsp vanilla extract • ½ tsp nutmeg plus additional for sprinkling • ¼ tsp cinnamon Directions Blend all ingredients except bananas. Add bananas and blend. Serve immediately, sprinkled with additional sprinkle of nutmeg. *To make Almond Cream, soak 1½ cups of almonds in water for 8 hours, drain, and rinse. Then, blend the almonds with 3 cups of water and strain (a small wire strainer works well). Serves 4. I promised you, a healthy, deliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicious recipe. Here is her website to order her book: http://www.rosecole.com/products/holidaycookbook Have a great time trying this recipe and enjoy........

No comments:

Post a Comment