- Tops with vertical lines and patterns below the waist
- Tops and dresses with high waistlines (empire)
- Skirts and dresses worn at any flattering length
- Narrow belts, or pants and skirts with vertical lines or patterns
- Pants with drawstring waistlines or wide waistbands that can be altered to remove the extra fabric in the rise
- Swimsuits with adjustable shoulder straps to allow for length adjustments.
What doesn't work: Styles that hang below or visually shorten your rise make your torso appear shorter and look unflattering.
- Tops that are short or have horizontal lines or patterns below the waist.
- Pants, shorts and swimsuits with horizontal stripes or patterns in the rise
- Pants with detailed waistlines, hemlines or cuffs that can't be altered to provide a better fit in the rise without ruining the look